Looking for an exciting career in Grain Marketing? Hensall Co-op is currently recruiting for an eager individual looking to develop their career in Agribusiness! The Grain Trader and Originator is responsible for identifying marketing opportunities for domestic and international grain trade.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver successful grain origination plans
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience and act as one of the primary points of contact for customers and assist with resolving supplier issues and complaints
- Promote current and upcoming commodity programs for corn, crush soybeans, wheat, edible beans, and other commodities and monitor/set the basis levels for all commodities
- Provide trusted market insight and competitive pricing
- Communicate with the Grain Team to summarize current market conditions, determine and target any unique opportunities, and establish action plans
- Collaborate with the Merchandising, Logistics, and Grain Administration teams to ensure the efficient and professional execution of purchase obligations
- Assist in the creation and execution of the commercial grain annual procurement plan and provide advice with respect to operations and capital projects
- Maintain a clear customer account list and defined potential new business list, including an action plan for each
- Ensure the grower is aware of end user grades and discounts prior to loading
- Purchase grain for delivery into company facilities and direct delivery markets ensuring the highest quality of service delivery
- Organize and facilitate producer presentations of current market reviews and marketing education
- Strong analytical communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Exceptional negotiation, time management and interpersonal skills
- High degree of knowledge in commercial grains and origination
- Knowledge of hedging/risk management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of programs relevant to the grain traders’ functions and responsibilities
- Post-Secondary education in agriculture, business, economics, or marketing
- 3-5 years’ experience in Ontario agri-business, with experience in grain merchandising and origination
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made upon request.