Hensall Co-op is seeking a qualified Safe Quality Food (SQF) Practitioner to become an integral member of our Quality team! The SQF Practitioner is responsible for maintaining and monitoring SQF programs at Hensall and Mitchell locations and other assigned facilities. SQF Practitioner is a member of the quality team and provides support to other roles within the department as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as SQF Practitioner and maintains SQF certifications for Hensall and Mitchell and/or assigned facilities by following SQF planning checklist items.
- Assists Corporate QA Manager with all required internal and external quality audits at assigned facilities.
- Maintain and update HACCP plans and quality systems documentation at Hensall & Mitchell locations and/or assigned facilities.
- Monitor and verify HACCP and quality procedures and records.
- Provide quality training sessions as per the training plan/matrix and customer requirements.
- Document and Audit the collection of production and shipping samples/records daily.
- Assist Quality Team in investigating food safety incidents for root cause and ensure corrective actions are followed through; analyze trends for non-conformance; discuss issues and prepare plans for improvement.
- Provide assigned reports to the Corporate QA Manager.
- As assigned, conduct SQF internal quality audits, traceability audits, mock recalls, etc.
- Conduct monthly premises inspections for assigned facilities.
- Complete non-routine paperwork and samples for shipments, including grade certs, certificates, paperwork etc.
- Coordinate monitoring of finished product inventory of edible beans to maintain quality and undertake periodic checks for high moisture and deterioration.
- Perform onsite audits of processing and bagging areas and evaluate Good Manufacturing Practices as part of premises inspections.
- Perform calibration and check critical equipment
- Other duties will be assigned as necessary by Corporate QA Manager.
- Must be able to maintain HACCP and SQF Quality system certifications.
- Highly motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision
- General knowledge of agricultural products (grains, beans etc.)
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Suite
- Basic understanding of quality systems and sampling processes
- Post-secondary education in related field with a minimum of 2 years of quality control experience
- Previous experience with processing and shipping of edible beans is an asset.
- Valid G Driver’s License
- Seed Grader License
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made upon request.