Hensall Co-op is seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral member of our team! The Membership and Customer Service Representative is a full-time position, responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the financial reporting systems for Member and Patronage Loans and Services.
What Hensall Co-op has to offer:
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Group Benefits plan (dental, prescriptions, vision, massage, chiropractic, physiotherapy etc.)
- Pension Plan matched by Hensall
- Social Events (summer picnic, holiday party, employee BBQs, length-of-service awards)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take charge of and administer all member and patronage loans including interest calculations, repayments (daily, monthly and yearly), loan deposits, T5’s and T4A’s and Member Loan Schedules for Financial Statement Presentation.
- Handle, balance and submit T4As and T5s.
- Meet members and potential members to discuss their investment needs.
- Field inquiries from employees and members.
- Handle referrals from employees and current members.
- Process new member applications.
- Conduct orientation programs for new and prospective members.
- *This involves travel to all locations, including Manitoba.
- Train Corporate employees at all locations on member services and promote the benefits of membership within the company.
- Review and assist with ensuring the Corporate Website displays current member services information.
- Organize prospective member functions, attend farm shows, grower meetings and other corporate events to network with current and potential members.
- Organizes members meetings and “town hall meetings” coordinating presenters and information.
- Solicit current and prospective members for additional potential services to offer.
- Update and maintain member records.
- Ensure the integrity and reliability of the membership information in the system.
- Provide a personable and professional customer service experience to internal and external individuals.
- Administer and conduct Membership surveys with the focus of understanding and identifying membership needs.
- Generate and interpret reports for demographics, patronage, sales analysis, and other reports as required and summarize findings for management and Board.
- Assist the Customer Service Staff.
- Assist with the identification and resolution of Customer Service Complaints at all locations.
- Understand and follow all Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Superior mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of legislative/government requirements
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Effective organizational and customer service skills
- High level computer skills including ability to operate a computerized accounting software and MS Suit
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Effective time and task management skills
- 3-5 years of experience in Customer Sales and Service.
- Experience in Investment Banking is preferable
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business or Agribusiness and\or
- Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CGA, or CPA), Canadian Securities Course and\or Certified Financial Planner
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall is committed to employment equity
and encourages the four designated groups to apply