Do you love working in agriculture and have a passion for innovation? We are looking for an innovative individual who shares our aspirations to become a market leader! The Systems Programmer is responsible for enhancements and changes to the in-house Hensall Co-op software programs. This position is also responsible for maintaining and writing new program code to facilitate Hensall Co-op employees in their daily work activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of business processes
- Troubleshoot software application issues
- Application development for in-house projects
- Maintain existing applications
- Prepare and provide reports for different departments upon request
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide etc.
- Research any new technology, recommend any updates and implement into the company's system
- Understand and follow all Hensall Co-op Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to work quickly and effectively
- Knowledge of information systems from functional and technical perspectives
- Support customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven teamwork skills
- Knowledge of windows-based programming systems and the integration with internal network and external databases
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and convey to users effectively
- Analytical, logical thinking and discretion with a high degree of accuracy
- Position is available to work from home on a scheduled basis
- Post-secondary education in a Computer Programming related program with 3-7 years of experience in programming
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Nice to have knowledge: C#, PHP, Agile, SAGE Intacct, Visual Basic
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits and pension package
- Opportunity to work with new equipment and software
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made.