Do you love working in agriculture and have a passion for innovation? We are looking for an innovative individual who shares our aspirations to become a market leader! The Systems Programmer is responsible for enhancements and changes to the in-house Hensall Co-op software programs. This position is also responsible for maintaining and writing new program code to facilitate Hensall Co-op employees in their daily work activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of business processes.
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
- Troubleshoot software application issues.
- Provide programming for in-house IT projects.
- Create, modify and support programs for the Windows operating system.
- Prepare and provide reports for different departments upon request.
- Provide desktop user support as required.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide etc.
- Research any new technology, recommend any updates and implement into the HC system.
- Understand and follow all HC Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge of information systems from functional and technical perspectives.
- Support customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of operating systems and computer hardware, including desktop and network services and the integration with information systems and databases.
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and convey to users effectively.
- Analytical, logical thinking and discretion with a high degree of accuracy.
- Post-secondary education in an Information Technology related program 3-7 years’ experience in programming
- Knowledge of TWS Agri system an asset
- Ability to write programs in C#
- Working Knowledge of Visual Studio
- Working Knowledge of SQL
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits and pension package
- Annual company BBQ and Christmas parties
- Opportunity to work with new equipment and software
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal by noon on Friday, March 27, 2020
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made.