Hensall Co-op is seeking a reliable individual to become an integral member of our team!
The Propane Service Lead is responsible for overseeing all Propane Service Technicians, and the overall service program. This position is in charge of coordinating the service schedules for customers, including the installation, maintenance, repairs, and delivery of propane burners,
furnaces and tanks/equipment.
What Hensall Co-op has to offer:
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Group Benefits plan (dental, prescriptions, vision, massage, chiropractic, physiotherapy etc.)
- Pension Plan matched by Hensall
- Social Events (summer picnic, holiday party, employee BBQs, length-of-service awards)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create Energy service schedule and dispatch Service Technicians in a way that prioritize the most important services, keeping customer needs a number one concernAssist with the implementation and maintenance of the inventory software for service parts and equipmeAssist Human Resources with the recruitment and training/orientation of new Service Technicians.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Clerk inventory ordering to ensure that all parts and tools are available for Service Techs to remain on schedule for daily service calls
- Coordinate with boom truck for scheduling
- Work closely with Propane Sales group to understand and review job sites to maximize efficiency of Technicians when going on site
- Assist sales team during quoting process
- Assist maintaining a capital asset ledger of propane field equipment (tanks and pumps) that are on loan to customers.
- Coordinate the installation of all propane storage tanks and pumps
- Book bulk plant site visits and inspections
- Receive and code all small packages and incoming freight.
- Be capable of pulling reports from and inputting relevant data into Thede Ward
- Respond to all customer concerns and inquiries regarding furnace cleaning, hot water heaters, tank and pump repairs and propane installations
- Coordinate the installation of all propane heating systems with outside contractors to maximize the sales of propane products
- Work with Energy Manager to establish departmental priorities and initiate new ideas for improving efficiencies
- Reconcile physical and computer inventory to ensure a match Code all incoming service parts inventory and price service work orders
- Ensure that the Energy department is compliant with all provincial and federal regulations and legislation regarding the safe handling of propane and petroleum
- Undertake special projects as per direction from Energy Manager
- Go on service calls when needed
- Maintenance/mechanical skill
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Mathematical and numeracy skills
- Strong knowledge of the propane and agricultural industry
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Time management and leadership
Ability to create and follow a service schedule
- Ability to supervise a team
- Computer proficiency
High School Diploma
Completion of Gas Technician program at a recognized institution
5+ years of experience in propane sales/service environment
Previous supervisory experience is an asset
Minimum G License with a clean driver’s abstract
Minimum Gas Fitters 2nd Class Certificate
AZ or DZ License is an asset as would allow for Backup Driver
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
While all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, we particularly welcome applications from the four designated groups, as defined by the Employment Equity Act: women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. Job applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Team.