Hensall Co-op is growing! We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral part of our team at the Harrow location. The FM/Location Manager is responsible for assisting with the sales and service of crop inputs and procurement to customers and prospects in the surrounding area. This position is also responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service is provided and overseeing the general operations at the location. This is a contract position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Operations team to maximize efficiencies and manage daily operations at the Harrow location
- Selling and servicing all crop inputs and procurement of food grade contracts
- Maintain regular contact with customers and prospects to ensure customer satisfaction and capitalize on opportunities
- Agronomic solutions in accordance with Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) guidelines
- Oversee daily operations at the location including grain elevator, custom application, grading etc.
- Responsible for all procedures surrounding inventory, including counts/recounts
- Act as liaison for the grower when dealing with government, supplier representatives, and the Hensall Co-op administration
- Assist in hosting grower training and niche meetings
- Promote food grade production opportunities with food producers
- Efficient servicing of crop inputs/commercial grains based upon Hensall Co-op policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Operations Management team to focus on continuous improvements in operating procedures, must attend/participate in schedule operations meetings
- Perform regular health and safety workplace inspections, ensuring all staff are fully trained on all job hazard analysis and enforce all Hensall Co-op Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Scheduling of custom application equipment at the location.
- Work with the Operations Management team in terms of repairs and maintenance at the location
- Strong understanding of agricultural and custom application practices
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- High degree of technical agricultural knowledge
- Ability to set and meet deadlines for sales targets and projects
- Computer skills including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Capable of building strong working relationships within and outside Hensall Co-op
- Ability to operate different equipment such as forklift and automated plant equipment
- Valid G Driver’s License
- Certified Crop Advisor Designation or willingness to work towards
- Ontario Pesticide Exterminators License or willingness to obtain
- Pesticide Vendors Certification Course or willingness to obtain
- Forklift License or willingness to obtain
To apply for this position, submit your cover letter and resume though our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply.