Hensall Co-op is seeking a Driver & Vehicle Safety Associate. The Driver & Vehicle Safety Associate assists with ensuring that all HC licensed vehicles and operators follow regulations, operate compliantly and safely. The main role will be an administrative role with some training duties required. This is a full-time position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry and administration of the various tracking / compliance programs and systems.
- Monitor the compliance software for drivers and vehicles compliance, create notification letters and assign to the appropriate party.
- Vehicle licensing requirements.
- Maintain the driver qualification files and ensure all driver files are compliant with Canada and / or USA regulations.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance files and report non-compliance with HC schedules to the appropriate party.
- Assist with the E-log program and administration.
- Administer and track the vehicle inspection program and verify vehicle repairs have been completed.
- Maintain monthly mileage report for HC commercial vehicles.
- Administer the driver bonus program.
- Assist with the yearly driver safety meeting.
- Assist with Driver Policy updates in the Policy manual.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Good organization and prioritizing abilities.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Good understanding of internal controls.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good judgment and problem-solving abilities.
- Must have excellent computer skills, and MS Office experience.
- Ability to work in a team setting with changing deadlines.
- Required to carry a cell phone for after-hours calls in emergency situations.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum two years' experience in administrative duties and 2 years transportation or related experience preferred.
- Experience in health and safety compliance would be an asset.
- Knowledge / Training Hours of Service regulations.
- Experience in administering training programs.
- Valid driver's license.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume though our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply.