The Poultry Service Technician is responsible for supervising and working with broiler producing customers to ensure each flock is properly cared for. This position is a full-time position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Poultry Sales Representatives to follow animal nutrition, medication and vaccination plans that meet customer requirements according to schedule
- Undertake farm sprays and water vaccinations on customer farm locations
- Deliver product from Hensall Co-op feed mill location to customers
- Maintain a strict record of all products used and report any additional sales to order desk
- Assist with weighing poultry, pullet and cockerel selection, and delivering birds to veterinarian as required
- Maintain sprayer and scales through preventative maintenance and regular cleaning
- Troubleshoot any technical problems occurring with equipment and report any defects
- Serve as a main point of contact for customers and build relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and capitalize on opportunities
- Respond to customer/poultry producer requests/complaints in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure all customer records and contract documentation is maintained properly
- Maintain an accurate up-to-date log of farm visits and report to poultry sales representatives (PSR) regarding any farm conditions and metrics relevant
- Understand and follow all proper biosecurity protocols for individual customers when making farm visits
- Maintain a full supply of coveralls and other sanitation equipment to use for farm visits
- Monitor flock health and coordinate corrective actions with PSRs to make recommendations to customer
- Obtain and analyze samples as required
- Spend time with PSR to learn valuable sales skills that pertain to poultry producers and livestock feed
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong agricultural background
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service
- Technical knowledge in livestock feed, nutrition and new technologies
- Effective organizational ability and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel etc.
- Strategic selling and negotiation skills
- Capable of building lasting relationships within and outside Hensall Co-op
- Must have a valid G Driver’s License
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply.