Hensall Co-op is seeking a Soil Sample / Field Technician. This position will be responsible for the collection of soil samples and GPS field mapping across Hensall Co-op’s footprint in Southwestern Ontario. Individual will work on state of-the-art Soil Optix system using soil scanning and field mapping. This position is Seasonal, working out of the Ailsa Craig location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extraction of representative soil cores for soil sample submission
- Field equipment to include pickup truck/trailer, John Deere Gator equipped with Soil Optix Scanner and Wintex automatic sampler
- There will be some cases where hand soil probing would be required
- Effectively operate GPS equipment for map-making and recording geo-referenced sample locations
- Accurately complete detailed paperwork and submission forms for all samples
- Travel to assigned rural locations. Distance as such that would be home daily
- Communicate regularly with manager, clients, and Field Marketer sales representatives
- Prepare and process data collected from Soil Optix using templates in place
- Maintain Hensall Co-op precision ag/soil sampling files by customer
- Uploading soil scans for submission to Soil Optix. Once data is processed and returned individual will download for further processing in SMS software templates.
- Use of Farmsworks, SMS software
- Strong agricultural cropping background
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to make deadlines for required tasks
- Good organizational skills to assist in multi-tasking
- Computer skills
- Ability to operate and maintain all equipment in a safe manner
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Agriculture background would be an asset
- General knowledge of Precision Ag Software such as Farmworks or SMS
- Valid G Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract
- In house – WHMIS, TDG, forklift, O.H.&S, warehousing training
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through the online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and
encourages members of the four designated groups to apply.
Accommodation will be made upon request.