Hensall Co-op is seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral member of our team! The Credit Associate shall have the overall responsibilities for the collection of all accounts' receivables, monitor customer accounts, approve or decline credit orders and provide timely and effective resolutions to escalated billing and collection issues. Other responsibilities include checking accounts in arrears to ensure appropriate actions are taken, contact customers to seek payment, monitor progress of payment, maintenance of accurate data analysis documents, and the co-ordination of activity between our sales team and receivables team. This a full-time position at our Hensall location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect all overdue accounts, collection accounts and previously written off accounts.
- Obtain any necessary searches, court, and registration of documents, and initiate/attend any court hearings.
- Serve court documents on customers or ensure it is done correctly.
- Prepare statistical information and reports for NSF cheques, collection histories, bad debt expenses, and monthly cash receipts.
- Maintain records for loans, promissory notes, PPSAs, and personal guarantees.
- Register and withdraw PPSA registrations as required.
- Prepare and collect crop agreements.
- Review and mail all collections letters.
- Visit with customers face to face to attend to any credit related issues or concerns.
- Attend annual meetings with department Managers and staff to go over any credit issues and results from previous years.
- Ensure that any loan or PPSA accounts are maintained monthly and interest is billed.
- Provide administrative support to the Member & Customer Service Manager
- Investigate and set credit limits, approving any credit over $10,000.
- Resolve credit related issues with customers.
- Recommend appropriate corrective action to minimize losses and maximize recoveries.
- Manage the bad debt expense levels and provisions for doubtful accounts.
- Provide guidance and counsel to Account Managers so they can better serve client needs.
- Establish priorities, initiate new ideas and concepts to deal with problems, and to improve efficiency.
- Ensure that all HC employees understand the credit and collection policies, procedures, and controls so they can be followed correctly.
- Participate in reporting for the Board of Directors meetings to explain credit issues and outline results of any related matters.
- Work with other Risk Management functions on growth initiatives.
- Understand and follow all HC Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial, and local requirements regarding financial records and credit etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Organizational and time management skills
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of accounting/accounts receivable principles and applications
- High level of computer skills including ability to operate computerized accounting and financial software, and MS Suite
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in preparing and evaluating financial information
- Ability to ensure/maintain confidentiality
- Strong business acumen and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to remain calm in stressful, pressurized situations
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting, Finance, or Business-related program.
- 3-5 years of experience in Credit or Collections
- Must have a valid G Driver’s License for business travel
If you are interested in applying for this position,
please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall is committed to employment equity and encourages the four designated groups to apply.