Hensall Co-op is seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral member of our team! The SQF Practitioner is a member of the quality team and provides support to other roles within the department as required. This position is full-time, working out of the Hensall location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as SQF Practitioner and maintains SQF certifications for Hensall, Exeter, and Mitchell and/or assigned facilities by following SQF planning checklist items
- Assists QA Manager with all required internal and external quality audits at assigned facilities
- Maintains and updates HACCP plans and quality systems documentation at Hensall, Exeter, and Mitchell locations and/or assigned facilities
- Provides quality training sessions as per the training plan/matrix and customer requirements. Responsible for new employee quality training
- Documents and audits the collection of production and shipping samples/records daily
- Assists Quality Team in investigating food safety incidents for root cause and ensure corrective actions are followed through; analyze trends for non-conformance; discuss issues and prepare plans for improvement
- As assigned, conducts SQF internal quality audits, traceability audits, mock recalls, etc
- Conducts monthly premises inspections for assigned facilities
- Coordinates monitoring of finished product inventory and edible beans to maintain quality and undertakes periodic checks for high moisture and deterioration
- Performs on-site audits of processing and bagging areas and evaluates Good Manufacturing Practices as part of premises inspections
- Performs calibration and check critical equipment (scales, moisture meters, platform scales, screens, lighting, magnets, etc.)
- All other duties assigned by the QA Manager
- General knowledge of agriculture products (grains, beans, etc.)
- Basic understanding of quality systems and sampling processes
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs and climb up to 150ft
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Suite
- Post-secondary education in related field with a minimum of 2 years of quality control experience
- Previous experience with processing and shipping of edible beans is an asset
- Experience in HACCP and SQF (SQF Practitioner Certification preferred)
- Valid G Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
- Seed Grader License considered an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply.
Accommodation will be made upon request.