Hensall Co-op is seeking a reliable individual to become an integral member of our team! This position is full time, working out of the Seaforth location. The Operations Associate is a key member of the team, providing a high degree of customer service for crop inputs, in addition to food grade contracts. This position works with Location Managers, Field Marketers, and other Hensall Co-op locations to ensure administrative procedures and financial controls are being followed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer the billing of point of sale for fertilizer, crop protection products, crop services at the Seaforth location
- Assist customers with inquiries and concerns both over the phone and in person
- Prepare fertilizer blend orders
- Receiving of grain including weighing, grading, and moisture testing
- Administration of Food Grade products and Commercial Grains for inbound shipments
- Assist with sales/order processing for crop inputs and crop procurement
- Work closely with Field Marketers on sales of fertilizer, seed, chemicals, and crop protection products
- Assists Location Manager and Field Marketers with administrative functions including preparing and entering prepayments and reconciling
- Administration and reconciliation of crop protection products and other products that are shipped to other Hensall Co-op locations
- Complete bank deposits
- Assist customers with loading and unloading of product
- Ensuring the warehouse area is kept clean and always organized
- Contact customers via telephone for various programs
- All other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills, including strong proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Enthusiastic, courteous manner with customers, members, and co-workers
- Knowledge of office/administrative procedures
- High degree of accuracy
- Ability to perform sales tasks and service existing accounts
- General agricultural and cropping knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a customer service position
- Agricultural background considered an asset
- Valid G Driver’s License
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply.
Accommodation will be made upon request.