Hensall Global is seeking a Surface Transportation Coordinator to be the key contact person for a specified base of accounts. They are responsible for the management of their customers' domestic and cross-border transportation needs. The focus of the position is to facilitate the co-ordination of all parties including customers, shippers, vendors, and receivers to ensure the most efficient movement of product from origin to final destination. The Surface Transportation Coordinator must be able to handle a high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position located in Hensall, Ontario.
What Hensall Global has to offer:
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Group Benefits plan (dental, prescriptions, vision, massage, chiropractic, physiotherapy etc.)
- Pension Plan matched by Hensall Global Logistics
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the arrangement of all freight requests received from customers
- Work with the BD&M and Pricing departments to ensure customer sell rates and internal costing references are valid for the required shipping period
- Prepare and forward service contracts to customers outlining full scheduling detail and approved rating information
- Prepare and forward shipping and loading instructions to the nominated carriers to facilitate loading and transport
- Track orders for final delivery to intended recipients
- Approve, decline, or investigate additional service charge claims and service issues
- Transfer files to the applicable Operations Associate for the completion of the freight invoicing and payables entry
- Investigate invoice discrepancies with respect to pricing and resolve as required
- Understand and follow all Hensall Co-op Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook, with overall strong computer skills
- Must be familiar with truck, intermodal and rail transport modes
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Sound decision-making qualities
- Excellent time and deadline management skills
- Organizational ability and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of domestic and cross-border terminology and concepts
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- High School diploma is required
- Post-Secondary education is required
- Experience in the industry is an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume though our online portal.
Hensall Global is committed to employment equity and encourages the four designated groups to apply.