Hensall Co-op is seeking a motivated self-starter capable of creating long-term relationships with customers to meet sales goals and organizational objectives. This is a full-time position which spans throughout the Elgin/Oxford County area.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, prospect and build on crop retail opportunities for seed, fertilizer and crop protection
- Origination of food grade contracts (soybeans & edible beans) and accurate record keeping for quality assurance
- Recommend agronomic solutions through crop planning, field scouting, farm calls, grower niche meetings, etc.
- Maintain regular contact with customers and prospects to ensure satisfaction and to capitalize on opportunities
- Assist the location manager and operations team during seasonal demands
- Ability to work well in both a team setting and individually with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines for sales targets and special projects
- Strong agricultural background and knowledge
- Ability to perform all sales related tasks
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Agriculture
- At least 2 years’ experience in Ag Retail preferred
- CCA designation preferred or willingness to obtain
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply.
Accommodation will be made upon request.