The Poultry Service Technician is responsible for supervising and working with broiler producing customers to ensure each flock is properly cared for. This position is will create long term relationships with customers in order to meet short term sales goals and long-term organizational objectives of promoting production and nutrition opportunities for producers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Poultry Sales Representatives to follow animal nutrition, medication and vaccination plans that meet customer requirements according to schedule
- Undertake farm sprays and water vaccinations on customer farm locations
- Monitor product performance and customer satisfaction, providing technical support as required
- Deliver product from Hensall Co-op feed mill Location to customers
- Maintain a strict record of all products used and report any additional sales to order desk
- Assist with weighing poultry, pullet and cockerel selection, and delivering birds to veterinarian as required
- Work with service coordinator to determine work schedule for servicing customers
- Maintain sprayer and scales through preventative maintenance and regular cleaning
- Troubleshoot any technical problems occurring with equipment and report any defects.
- Serve as a main point of contact for customers and build relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and capitalize on opportunities
- Respond to customer/poultry producer requests/complaints in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure all customer records and contract documentation is maintained properly
- Maintain an accurate up-to-date log of farm visits and report to poultry sales representatives (PSR) regarding any farm conditions and metrics relevant
- Understand and follow all proper biosecurity protocols for individual customers when making farm visits.
- Maintain a full supply of coveralls and other sanitation equipment to use for farm visits
- Monitor flock health and coordinate corrective actions with PSRs to make recommendations to customer
- Obtain and analyze samples as required
- Spend time with PSR to learn valuable sales skills that pertain to poultry producers and livestock feed
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the poultry industry and the feed industry as it relates to poultry, as well as any new products and technologies
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong agricultural background
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service
- Ability to perform all sales tasks
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Technical knowledge in livestock feed, nutrition and new technologies
- Effective organizational ability and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel etc.
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic selling and negotiation skills
- Capable of building lasting relationships within and outside Hensall Co-op
- ▪Must have a valid G Driver’s License
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal by noon on April 9, 2020.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made.