Hensall Co-op is seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral member of our team! This position is full-time, working out of our Ailsa Craig location.
What Hensall Co-op has to offer:
- Competitive hourly wage with overtime pay as needed.
- Group Benefits plan (dental, prescriptions, vision, massage, chiropractic, physiotherapy etc.)
- Pension Plan matched by Hensall.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating agricultural equipment for chemical and fertilizer applications
- Assist in crop input procedures such as delivery of fertilizer, chemicals, and seed from the location to farms and custom application equipment.
- Maintain and repair equipment according to maintenance schedule, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with inventory control by verifying shipments, completing documentation, and producing inventory counts when needed.
- General yard maintenance to ensure all areas of the location are always kept clean and safe.
- Attention to detail with strong time management.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal/communication skills
- Strong understanding of agricultural and custom application practices
- Ability to seasonally work overtime including weekends as needed.
- Ability to perform manual labour, including outdoor work, perform maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to work both alone and with other employees.
- Valid DZ License (or willing to obtain) with clean driver’s abstract.
- Professional Applicator’s License or willingness to obtain.
- Ontario Pesticide Exterminator License or willingness to obtain.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Previous experience in an agricultural environment considered an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made upon request.