HENSALL CO-OP BRIGHT FUTURES SCHOLARSHIP
The purpose of the Hensall Co-op Bright Futures Scholarship (the Scholarship) is to provide post-secondary scholarships to students who are entering their first year of post-secondary education and have shown a career interest in agriculture or a field or trade that will advance rural communities and economies. Three Scholarships of $2,500 each will be awarded to students who are children or grandchildren of individuals who were a member of Hensall Co-op as of March 1 of the year of application, individuals who had a controlling interest in an entity that was a member as of that date or an employee as of the date of application.
Up to three $2,500 scholarship are available. Awards are for one year only for students entering their first year of post-secondary education. All scholarships will be paid directly to the recipients.
- Applicants must have been accepted and have the intention to become full-time students attending an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada for the first time (College or University).
- Applicants must be majoring in agriculture or in a field or trade that will advance rural communities and economies.
- Applicants must be children or grandchildren of an individual who was a member of Hensall Co-op as of March 1, 2021, had a controlling interest in an entity that was a member as of March 1, 2021 or was/is and employee as of the day of application.
- Funds will be paid directly to the student in August provided Hensall Co-op has received proof of acceptance to an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada.
The Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. Hensall Co-op will not award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified and reserves the right not to award a scholarship in a given year.
- Demonstrated or expressed interest in a field of study that will support agriculture in Canada or a field that will advance rural communities and economies.
- Student essay.
- Academic standing.
- Previous work with community organizations particularly those that support agriculture, rural communities or rural economies.
To be considered for a Scholarship, applicants must complete an application and return it to Hensall Co-op (email@example.com) by August 15th. The application must include:
- A completed application form. Only completed application forms will be considered.
- An official high school transcript for the last two years.
- A one-page (< 500 words) statement stating the applicant’s qualifications and educational and career goals. We want to know how you plan to use your education to support Canadian agriculture and/or rural communities and their economies as well as how you have supported your community in the past.
All the items listed above must be submitted before the application will be considered.
The application form is a fillable pdf file. Fill it out completely electronically, then “Save a Copy”. Note the application requires a signature. You may provide an electronic signature, or print the completed application, sign it and either scan it as a pdf or mail the printed application.
For the statement of qualifications and education and career goals, you may use the page included in the application form or attach a separate page.
Completed application forms should be sent as a pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Bright Futures Scholarship. Please include applicant’s last name as part of the file name.
Questions about the application process may be directed to email@example.com.
Note all application materials must be received by August 15.