Hensall Co-op is seeking an extremely detail-oriented individual to manage our Payroll Department at the Hensall location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the entire payroll process from timekeeping policies, payroll procedures and best practices
- Supervise the employees in the Payroll Department
- Liaise with other departments, employees, and managers to resolve payroll issues
- Develop and implement departmental and company payroll policies and procedures
- Interpret, apply, and enforce adherence to legislative requirements, advising management of necessary actions
- Maintain knowledge of all regulations, employment laws, and other requirements for the execution of payroll
- Drive the implementation and maintenance of the employee self-service portal
- Oversee the overall accuracy and management of the ADP System
- Train supervisors/managers on the payroll system, policies, procedures, and any necessary legislative requirements
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Excellent ability to maintain confidential information
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer proficiency
- Post-secondary education in an Accounting or Payroll program is required
- Payroll Management Certification is required
- Minimum 3-5 years of managerial office experience
- ADP Workforce Now is a strong asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume though our online portal before 2 pm, Friday April 17, 2020.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made upon request.