Hensall Co-op is growing! We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral part of our Team at the Aylmer location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Operations, Commercial Grains, Origination, Crop Inputs and Finance to ensure strategic marketing
- Work on developing strategies that drive and promote the Hensall Co-op Aylmer location
- Promote and facilitate food grade production opportunities for growers.
- Work with Environmental Health and Safety Manager to perform regular workplace inspections, completing/maintaining records and audits as required, and to ensure location associates are properly trained in all health and safety and environmental aspects
- Assist Human Resources with recruitment, selection, training, discipline, and all other personnel requirements
- Operate and maintain the location in compliance with federal and provincial legislation.
- Ensure the production facility is run as efficiently as possible
- Manage the Profit and Loss statement
- Oversee all operations at Hensall Co-op Aylmer
- Supervise full and part-time staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines for sales targets and projects
- High degree of technical agricultural knowledge
- Computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Leadership, planning and problem-solving skills
- 40-50-hour weeks, overtime and weekend work as necessary
- Well organized with professional conduct
- Grain Grading Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Post-secondary education in Agricultural or business-related program
- 10+ years of experience in an agri-business setting, prior supervisory or managerial experience an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume though our online portal before noon on the closing date stated.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made upon request.