Hensall Co-op is seeking a reliable individual to become an integral member of our team! This position is full time, working out of the Exeter location. The Payroll Clerk is responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for hourly employees. This position will review and ensure accuracy on approved timesheets from the electronic time machine and make deductions ensuring all employees are being compensated correctly and on time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain ADP records daily through ADP for bi-weekly payment
- Handle the administration of electronic timekeeping system including setting up new employees
- Respond to employee and manager inquiries regarding paystubs, timesheets and any other payroll related questions
- Prepare records of employment for terminated and laid off employees
- Assist employees and managers with WFN
- File reports and payroll material electronically in an effective, organized manner
- Prepare payroll for processing by sending through ADP at the end of the pay period and verifying that all pay iscorrect
- Issue T4 and other government tax documents annually
- Prepare multiple reports and summaries showing payroll numbers such as accumulated hours, WSIB, personal days, etc. for supervisors and managers upon request
- Assist Human Resources by providing any additional employee information and schedules upon request
- Prepare Family Support cheques and post to POS on individual accounts
- Complete information questionnaires from EI and answer any questions regarding terminated employees
- Prepare bi-weekly Great West Life and monthly RBC billing and submit to Accounts Payable for paymentprocessing
- General data entry into ADP and sage
- Prepare month end reporting and reconciliation
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of accounts and maintaining ledgers
- Ability to ensure/maintain confidentiality
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- High level computer skills including ability to operate computerized payroll software and MS Word, and Excel
- Solid understanding of basic accounting and payroll principles
- Post-Secondary education in accounting, finance, or payroll related program.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an office environment with payroll background
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply.
Accommodation will be made upon request.