Hensall Co-op is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician to become an integral member of our Quality team! The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for maintaining and monitoring quality and good manufacturing practices as well as other quality control functions within the Food Products Division. This is a full-time position working at our Hensall location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor quality related issues with production and shipping
- Document and audit the collecting of production and shipping samples daily
- Sample and test all seed for certification
- Prepare and send samples to outside laboratories
- Grade and test samples of incoming purchased and processed seed
- Performing seed auditing, grading, and sampling for germ for imported and seed production
- Prepare composite samples of intake and storage
- Monitor inventory of edible beans to maintain quality and undertake periodic checks for high moisture and deterioration
- Perform onsite audits of processing and bagging areas and evaluate Good Manufacturing Practices
- Perform calibration and check critical equipment (scales, moisture meters, platform scales, screens, lighting, magnets etc.)
- Complete all non-routine paperwork and samples for shipments, including grade certs, certificates, premier paperwork etc.
- Assist with investigations of food safety or major loss of quality as well as any consumer complaint investigations
- Purchase and manage supply inventory for Quality Assurance
- Understand and follow all Hensall Co-op Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Highly motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision
- General knowledge of agricultural products (grains, beans etc.)
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of quality systems and sampling processes
- Post-secondary education in related field with a minimum of 2 years of quality maintenance experience
- Previous experience with processing and shipping of edible beans is an asset.
- Valid G Driver’s License
- Seed Grader License
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made upon request.