Hensall Co-op is seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral member of our team at the Hensall location. The Administrative Assistant – Accounts Receivable is responsible for performing the day-to-day processing accounts receivable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
What Hensall Co-op has to offer:
Group benefits plan (dental, prescriptions, vision, massage, chiropractic, physiotherapy etc.)
Pension plan matched by Hensall Co-op
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure receivable accounts are maintained and forwarded to appropriate departments for correction and clarification when needed
- Set up and maintain accurate customer information
- Provide a personable and professional customer service experience to customers, members and investors
- Assist with the identification and resolution of customer service complaints at locations as needed
- Post cheques and Farm Credit Canada (FCC) payments; charge back NSF cheques and other invoices
- Run Equifax reports for new applicants for review by the Member Services and Credit Manager
- Run reports and complete month-end duties
- Assist with daily deposits during the busy period if required
- Reconcile batch deposits from all locations
- Ensure accounts receivable statements are printed and prepared for mailing
- Monitor customers over their credit limit for collection purposes and contact customers for collection of past due amounts
- PPSA-register and discharge liens and prepare letters to lienholders
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of accounts and maintaining general ledgers
- Ability to ensure/maintain confidentiality concerning financial files
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- High level computer skills including ability to operate computerized accounting software and MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Post-Secondary education in accounting, finance, or business administration program
- 5+ years of experience in accounting environment
- Previous experience in an A/R role is an asset.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made upon request.