Hensall Co-op is growing! We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral part of our Team at the Ailsa Craig location. The FM/Location Manager is responsible for assisting with the sales and service of crop inputs and procurement to customers and prospects in the surrounding area. This position is also responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service is provided and overseeing the general operations at the location.
What Hensall Co-op has to offer:
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Group Benefits plan (dental, prescriptions, vision, massage, chiropractic, physiotherapy etc.)
- Pension Plan matched by Hensall
- Social Events (summer picnic, holiday party, employee BBQs, length-of-service awards)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Operations team to maximize efficiencies and manage daily operations at the Ailsa Craig location.
- Ensure a high level of customer service at the location.
- Selling and servicing all crop inputs and procurement of food-grade contracts
- Maintain regular contact with customers and prospects to ensure customer satisfaction and capitalize on opportunities
- Agronomic solutions in accordance with Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) guidelines
- Oversee daily operations at the location including grain elevator, custom application, grading etc.)
- Ensure all customer needs are met and that required products are available
- Work with staff to ensure facilities are kept clean and safe both inside and out
- Responsible for all procedures surrounding inventory, including counts/recounts
- Act as liaison for the grower when dealing with government, supplier representatives, and the Hensall Co-op administration.
- Assist in hosting grower training and niche meetings
- Promote Food Grade production opportunities with Food Producers.
- Efficient servicing of crop inputs/commercial rains based upon company policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Operations Management team to focus on continuous improvements in operating procedures. Must attend/participate in schedule operations meetings
- Perform regular health and safety workplace inspections, ensuring all staff are fully trained on all job hazard analysis and enforce all HC health and safety policies and procedures
- Scheduling of custom application equipment at the location.
- Work with the Operations Maintenance team in terms of repairs and maintenance at the location
- Strong understanding of agricultural and custom application practices
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- High degree of technical agricultural knowledge
- Well organized with professional conduct
- Ability to set and meet deadlines for sales targets and projects
- Computer skills including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Capable of building strong working relationships within and outside Hensall Co-op
- Attention to detail and time management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate different equipment such as forklift and automated plant equipment
Valid G Driver’s License
Certified Crop Advisor Designation or willingness to work towards
Ontario Pesticide Exterminators License or willingness to obtain
Pesticide Vendors Certification Course or willingness to obtain
Forklift License or willingness to obtain
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online portal.
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply.