As an essential service we continue to be open for business.
However, we are doing business differently to keep our employees safe.
With COVID-19 continuing to evolve, our government and organizations in Canada and abroad are moving quickly to respond. We’re no different at Hensall Co-op. We are committed to putting the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities at the forefront.
We will not lose sight of the fact we are a part of the critical food supply chain and we are fortunate to have an employee team who understands what this means. At this time we are confident we have the inventories and resources to continue to support our customers across all product categories.
We are, however, asking for your support as we implement precautionary procedures to increase social distancing:
Our locations are still open for business, but certain areas are closed to walk-in traffic. We may over time make some changes to hours of operation at some locations where we can do so with no or minimal impact on service levels.
• For product pickup:
- Please call ahead so we can have your products and documents prepared. Our teams will make arrangements that comprehend additional safety protocols to protect your health and that of our employees.
• If you are delivering product to our locations:
- Please follow the signage and do not enter areas we have closed to visitors
• If we are delivering product (feed, fertilizer, seed or other) to your farm:
- We ask everyone to please maintain a safe distance to help reduce possible exposure
• How to pay accounts:
- We would prefer customers sign up to make payments electronically. Please contact Sylvie Atwell at 519-262-3511 ext. 262 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Buddy Richardson at 226-927-9093 or email@example.com to make those arrangements. Customers can drop their cheques off at our locations but are asked to call ahead since we want customers to stay out of some areas to minimize contact and we may be asking you to use a drop off for the cheque.
• How we are protecting our Employees, Customers and the Community at large:
- We have implemented the following protocols to help diminish the spread of COVID-19 to protect our employees, members and customers while ensuring we don’t disrupt our services to you.
- HENSALL CO-OP staff who can work remotely and still provide the services required are doing so
- On-site HENSALL CO-OP staff are maintaining acceptable social distances from each other.
- As noted above we are limiting access to our facilities and customers must contact their local HENSALL CO-OP location before arriving to make arrangements to drop-off or pick-up. Instructions will be provided at that time.
- All HENSALL CO-OP staff travelling for business (including conferences, trade shows, meetings) has been cancelled. This includes non-essential inter-company travel between locations.
- Staff are limited to visiting farms for emergency services that can not be done remotely and they are asking the appropriate screening questions to ensure that they do not come in contact with anyone that meets the criteria for isolation
Please do not hesitate to call or email your location with any questions you have. Our Business continuity team is continually monitoring the situation, and we remain committed to keeping you informed of any updates.
We are here for you - our members and customers and our communities.